Thursday 5 May 2011

Inital packaging ideas





I want the packaging for my jewellery to be really simple so it does not look too fussy and take away from the designs. I originally was going to just use some wooden boxes i found in hobby craft but due to the delicate nature of the acrylic pieces i worries that they would break if rattling around in a box. For my birthday recently i got a perfume by Gwen Steffani and the bottle shape had been vacuum formed do it fit perfectly. As i have already experience using the vacuum forming machine at uni (when experimenting with ring shapes) i think this will be a really quick and effective idea. I will cut sections out of the boxes so you can see inside and line the box with my prints to tie it all together. I wanted to do something similar with the textiles necklaces but think they look too delicate to sit in a vacuum formed piece of plastic so instead i have arranged them in small buckets in keeping with the 'outdoorsy' beach hut to BBQ theme and add a unique edge. These buckets will be placed inside boxes of the same format again to tie the collection together. I am going to band all my books with a cardboard strip of my prints so will do the same for the accessory packaging - i could perhaps use a different print depending on the product ie one for development sketchbooks, another for acrylic jewellery, another for the textiles pieces and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment