Friday 22 April 2011

Headband packaging







I had the idea to cover old books in my prints and cut out shapes in the inside to fit my accessories into. This way they would be secure, not get squashed and could become a feature in someones home - the idea being to create a 'library' of books covered in my prints. While thinking about economic issues i realised that although the nature of the books means they can be easily stacked/boxed and therefore transported efficently, if i am setting up my business online it will cost a lot more to post a book than just the headband. Often i have been put off by high postage costs online (Topshop charge £6 regardless of the item - be it a pair of boots or just some earrings!) and i do not want to run this risk. Instead i have printed some of my digiprint designs onto card and wrapped the headband around to keep it secure. I have also added a swing tag to give a more personal touch and keep the stitched theme. These can be easily slipped into an envelope and posted for the price of a first class stamp. Also, lots of these stacked in a stock room will take up far less space than a lot of books stacked up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment