Sunday 27 March 2011

Embroidery development



While experimenting with embroidery techniques i created the piece at the top but it gathered the base material too much so i cut it out. This then lead me to think about attaching these pieces to the garment separatly which would prevent it from pulling so much (see samples in sketchbook). However, as the dresses are intended to show off my print designs, i think the embroidery will take away from this so instead i could use these pieces as elastic headbands. I am keen to create diverse accessories, all taken from my prints but in a variety of styles to appeal to everyone within my market. Seeing as i am targeting the surf/coastal lifestyle instead of an age group i want to make sure my designs appeal to all. I can see the headbands appealing to a younger girl whereas the textile necklaces being worn by someone older as a statement piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment