Wednesday 12 January 2011

Inital print experiments












Inspired particularly by Josephine Kimberling i have started to develop some inital prints on Illustrator. I traced around a couple of the shapes from my photograph, only picking out bold details to create a really clean and graphic repeat. From this i experimented with layering, colours, different scales and background colour. I like the effect of the background being the same colour as some of the petals because it creates a really interesting effect almost as though it is bleeding into the actual print. I used polka dots in the background as i think they give a really retro and quirky twist which is central to my design philosophy. I think these designs would be really successful screen printed which is ideal as the facilities to do this are available at uni so i can sample small sections and work into them with lots of different surface techniques. As i want my dresses to be reversible i need to be careful with surface decoration and how it will feel against the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment