Tuesday 11 January 2011

Marni









I aimed my Beach Hut to BBQ collection at the gap between high-street fashion and lifestyle brands. I wanted to appeal to the consumers who want something more fashionable than the laid back look of lifestyle brands (Animal, Fat Face etc) but something less trend driven and disposable as brands such as Topshop, New Look and River Island. It was mentioned in my presentation that i could aim more high-end or aim the whole collection at a higher level and then have a more affordable diffusion line. It was said that my designs had a 'Marni' look about it which i am really chuffed about as i love their kooky and ecclectic styling and designs. I am particularly inspired by their use of really simple silhouettes which ensures the prints really stand out. Some of the prints are really bold and innovative whilst others are more classic which means they appeal to a wider market. As i am aiming more at a lifestyle than an age range this could be something to consider as younger people may want a more bold print than older women.


No comments:

Post a Comment