Friday 14 January 2011

Kirath Ghundoo




I came across Kirath Ghundoo on my fave blog - http://printpattern.blogspot.com/ which features loads of upcoming print designers, well worth a look! Kirath creates surface decoration and illustration for interior spaces and fashion. I love the clean graphic look to her work and the use of colour particularly in the pieces in the top picture - so many different colours are used and yet by keeping some shapes blank she stops the pieces being too busy and over powering. I developed my own range of basic geometric prints in MPP to compliment the floral collections and give a fresh look on the reverse of the garments:


Inspired by Kirath's work i am going to arrange some still life items and drawn them without taking my pen off the paper to create flowing compositions like hers in the top picture. These could look interesting down the side of a dress, or wrapping around the body...

No comments:

Post a Comment