Friday 14 January 2011

Tucker




I have just come across 'Tucker' by Gaby Basora and i think i am obsessed! They're feminine prints, kooky styling and retro vibe capture everything i love about fashion and want to achieve in my own designs. I am conscious that i don't want to re-do what Tucker have already achieved but i think the reversible factor will set me apart and give my work a really unique selling point.
The brands trademark material is silk which instantly makes the collection seem more formal - you wouldn't really want to wear silk for a day down the beach. Instead i think cottons and jerseys will be more suitable for my collection as they are breathable and allow movement which is an essential for the context of my garments. I love how in the top picture the prints are styled with basic knits and block colours making them more wearable for a wider market - for example those who love the prints but aren't very confident when it comes to fashion could wear a dress tucked into chinos or underneath a belted cardigan for a more subtle look. It is important that i really consider my target market and develop this further to ensure i meet their needs and produce designs which are versatile and wearable. The whole point of making reversible dresses is to create something which can be worn and worn again and that will last so it is important that they fit in with my consumers existing wardrobe so they get maximum use. I don't want to create pieces which are only worn on special occasions, i want the dresses to be lived in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment